HMRC DEBT – AGENTS AT OUR DOOR
This success case and the details behind it are one we at Bell & Company see a lot. HMRC DEBT AGENTS AT OUR DOOR!
- Everyone’s nightmare – agents at their door.
- Our client rang us in a panic and the agent acting for HMRC wanted to start seizing goods.
- This was on a HMRC debt of £74,000 in total.
- The agents ‘just got ahead of themselves’, to paraphrase our country friends.
- We spoke to the agent and stood him down.
- We rang HMRC and devised a structured repayment programme.
- This programme was over the different forms of tax debt with 3 different sections of PAYE, VAT & Corporation Tax – different tactics for each.
- No savings in cash terms but a structured repayment programme out of the debt and business assets saved.
Our clients were very relieved to have the agents off their back, as you can imagine this can be really stressful and it just highlights the effectiveness of having a mediator negotiating and fighting on your behalf.